artLAB© is now both in person and virtual!
artLAB is an expressive arts studio, where one can come learn, experience safe stimulation, exchange ideas, create visual art, make music, dance, and play among other people of all ages, background and abilities. artLAB is an inclusive creative space where all people are welcome and have equal rights. We ask participants to care for the material and space as if it were their own, and join us in maintaining a clean, organized and safe space for everyone.
Though artLAB is facilitated by a professional who will be able to teach skills, the creative process and sensory exploration of material are mostly self-directed. The facilitator provides a semi-structured space in which they guide, mentor, encourage, support, reflect, and promote connections, which ultimately allow participants to learn in a way that suits them best. Directives, teaching and technique provide a rigor in which a person may step out of their comfort zone, explore something new, and come out with more confidence and/or newfound appreciation for an old form of expression.
Hours of Operation*:
THURSDAY: 9:30am-5:30pm NEW Virtual 11am-12pm.
We are closed for the following holidays:
New Year's day, Martin Luther King's Day, Easter Day, Juneteenth,
Independence Day (4th of July), Labor Day, Indigenous People's Day,
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas.
• Sensory Art for neurodivers folks, Thursdays 9:30-10:30am
• ArtClub for youth 5-12m Saturdays 10am-12pm
• Sing-A-Long for people all ages with or without a disability, Saturdays 12-1pm
• Identity Group for LGBTQIA+ youth 12-16, Saturdays 2:30-4:30am
$15.00*/hour (basic art supplies included), $6 for any consecutive hour
$16.00/hour for Couples, Siblings and Parent/Child (free for non participating parent).
artLAB MEMBERSHIP information
What are some of the potential therapeutic
benefits of attending artLAB?
• Provides positive health outcomes, improves physical health
• Provides sense of control and mastery
• Improve in overall functioning
• Viable and less costly non-pharmaceutical option for symptom management
• Social engagement, reduces isolation
• Improved communication, self-expression
• Improved mood and self-regulation ability
• Relaxation, mindfulness, stress-management
• Encourages playfulness and a sense of humor
• Improved cognitive reserve
• Sensory stimulation, reduced boredom and under stimulation
• Fosters a stronger sense of identity
• Increased self-esteem, sense of accomplishment and self-actualization
• Increase connection to self and others
• Improved social skills
• Increase access to creativity
What does an artLAB include?
A facilitated semi-structure space to engaged in a creative process and learn skills.
ART material: paint, watercolor, multi media paper, glitter, glue, dry and oil pastel, chalk, pencils, color pencils, markers, sharpies, building supplies, packing tape, recycled and natural material. Additional material may sometimes be available, and also purchased at a discounted price at our store.
BODY CENTERED: Movement spaces for Yoga, meditation, stretching, yoga props.
PLAY areas: Gross and fine motor areas, toys, dramatic play area, costumes, sensory integration tools and spaces
BOOKS for all ages.
MUSIC area with instruments: drum set, piano, hand held drums, microphone and small amplifier, hand held instruments.
"It was a cold Saturday morning, and I decided to take my 4th grader and my 2nd grader and checkout ARTrelief. We came in to the Saturday's open studio hours, and had wonderful, creative and relaxing time. The three of us did the art project of the day, enjoyed the time together." - Parent
"There was a great instructor, who guided us through the steps of the project [there were three layers, but what I loved about it is that we had the freedom to either follow the steps or not, and simply enjoy the process of creation. Highly recommended for a nice quiet outing. The activity was suitable for even toddlers (there was a 4 year old)." Parent.
Contact us at 617-924-1285 or email@example.com with any questions.