5th Annual yARTsale celebration!
Saturday December 7th, 2019,
PURCHASE AUTHENTIC ART UNDER $200!
ARTrelief™ will be open to visitors and supporters for en entire day of community fun!
Here are 5 ways you can support ARTrelief and our Mission:
1. Purchase exhibit/vendor space to show your work or promote your business (email to ask for application form)
2. Spread the word, tell all your friends and family
3. Donate art/items/baked goods/gift certificate/talents/services to help us fundraise
4. Purchase art and other items for sale at the yARTsale from 12/1/18-12/15/18
5. Make a monetary contribution to our financial aide fund, Dance and Movement Floor Fund or to other nominated deserving organizations
We are now accepting applications from artists and vendors who would like to purchase exhibit space for our 2019 yARTsale event, for only $35! Participants are encouraged to donate a percentage of their proceeds to ARTrelief's financial aide fund.
Vendor space includes:
• 1 Table and chair(s)
• Wall space for artists (extra fee may apply for large pieces)
• Collaboration and networking with other professionals, local artists and community members
• Single or Shared private room (ex: massage/reiki therapists): various sizes, call or email with questions
100% of revenue from exhibit space this year will fo to the ARTrelief's financial aide and educational funds.
This past year we have been applying the yARTsale proceeds towards making individual expressive arts therapy sessions more accessible, as well as partially covering the costs of programs such as artLAB. Any proceeds remaining went to the installation of our new dance floor (come check it out!). This year in addition to continue to serve as a financial aid fund and supplement to artLAB programs, proceeds will be applied towards developing educational workshops.
Here are some examples of how financial aide helps people at our program:
- Any amount helps us provide very low cost artLAB ($8/hour), Move&Play Space ($6 daily pass)
and workshops (averaging $10-15). We use the aide to compensate facilitators, and purchase special material
- $70 will provide a free individual expressive arts therapy session (ARTrelief donates $30 to complement)
- $80 will provide a free artLAB pass (10 hours of Open Expressive Arts Studio)
- $200 will provide a free 10-20 hours workshop series
- $60 will provide a free Move&Play Space pass of 10 entries for a child who needs stimulation.
Currently featuring the following artists:
- Gabriela Kotliar (photography)
- Cécile Rêve (up-cycled art, photography)
- Andrew Golibersuch (Lasercut Wood Jewlery and Sculpture)
- Naama Yacoby (Ceramics)
- KOUZZA, Sasha Kuznetsova (Original Paintings and Hand Crafted Items)
We will also be having a day full of performances and workshops, face paint, reiki, massage, and hand henna tattoos. Lunch and diner, snacks and drinks will be offered for sale as part of our fundraiser.
Big Joe Storytelling from 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
His name is Joe Pagliuca, but you can call him Big Joe! That was the name given to him by the preschoolers he taught, and it is the same name he now uses as a professional storyteller. Hailed as “One of the best in the business” by the Boston Globe, Big Joe has been delighting children and families for many years with his exciting storytelling show. With a huge collection of original and classic tales as well as a box filled with puppets, props, and surprises, Big Joe has added lots of humor and fun to birthday parties, schools, libraries, and all kinds of events across New England! If you love stories, you will love the unique and wonderful experience of seeing Big Joe the Storyteller!
TAiL, a Boston band with global roots from 4:00 - 6:00pm
Take five people from... Louisiana, Vermont, Connecticut, Ohio and Sweden.- TAIL has been donating their time each year to various venues, including to our annual yARTsale to help us raise money for our financial aid fund. THANK YOU!
Bow Faces from 11:00am - 1:00pm
We paint faces in the finest back yards. We paint faces in huge event centers at international schools. We can handle your event! We come fully equipped to meet the needs unique to your party. Do you have a specific design in mind or a specific budget? Maybe your little one wants a room full of unicorns or super heroes - we will turn their imaginings into reality.
Thank you for spreading the word!
History of our yARTsale
On December 6th 2015 we started a new tradition: we opened our doors to sell artwork under $200, as well as second hand objects and toys to raise money for our Financial Aide Service Fund. Since then the event has evolved into a day-long community celebration that includes local artists and performers.
100% of proceeds from these sales benefit the community: 100% of the proceeds from this day go to our Financial Aide and Educational Funds which allows us to either sponsor people in need so that they can access our services, or
remunerate respectably an artist/facilitator who will provide a workshop at our center, while keeping costs very low for consumers like you!
Our products are for sale year round, and they are made in the spirit of using "Art as Healing".
To see our products and make a donation visit https://squareup.com/store/ARTrelief.
When you purchase from ARTrelief™, you are supporting a good cause and you are helping us promote healthy
values in our community. Stop by at our center during artLAB hours to get to know more about what we do!
Call or email Cécile Rêve 617-924-1285, email@example.com